Sonic Hockey Rules
There is presently no published set of national nor international rules for blind play. Rules for blind play are continually developing. Our current set of Rules for Sonic Hockey is defined by the USA Hockey rule book, with the following additions:
Basic Rule Additions/Amendments for Sonic Hockey
1. All players play blind. Opaque goggles are recommended.
2. Puck w/electric sounding device
3. Regulation goals, each with sounding device; puck and goal sounding devices differentiated from each other.
4. Tactile blue lines constructed on playing surface.
5. Icing penalized when puck sent from defensive zone only.
6. Referee verbalizes:
8. Player attempting to play puck or opponent on the puck must verbalize their action, calling out, "going," or "looking".
9. Goals scored from offensive zone only. Scoring team must have stick touch to puck in offensive zone prior to goal scored.
Coach Jesus and Mickayla, each tracking down the puck.