Blind Inline Hockey Rules
Our current set of Rules for Blind Inline Hockey is defined by the USA RollerHockey rule book, with the following additions:
Basic Rule Additions/Amendments for Blind Inline Hockey
1. All players play with no use of vision. Opaque goggles are recommended. Play is 4v4, including goalkeepers.
2. Puck w/electric sounding device
3. Regulation goals, each with sounding device; puck and goal sounding devices differentiated from each other.
4. Rink size minimum 70' by 30'. 100' by 60' is optimum.
5. Tactile marked, or non-marked, minimum 20' neutral zone.
6. Referee verbalizes:
8. Player attempting to play puck or opponent on the puck must verbalize their action, calling out, "going," or "looking".
9. Goals scored from offensive half only. Scoring team must have stick touch to puck in offensive zone prior to goal scored.
10. On any rink, regardless of point of entry onto the floor, when standing on the red line, with back to the wall, between the player benches, the white team bench and goal are designated on the left, the black team bench and goal are designated on the right.
We welcome any discussion on playing rules!